I apologise in advance to any and all Italians for butchering this recipe! I promise it’s delicious.
Goes great with Recipe: Creamy Zoodles for a total of 12.6g of carbs, or 9.6 net carbs, leaving you plenty of room for lunch and a carb-light breakfast, such as scrambled egg with chorizo (2 medium eggs and half of a 4 inch chorizo link will only bank you 1.2 carbs and 262 calories, and that’s a lot of sausage!).
6 skinless chicken breasts
6 rashers of bacon (preferably smoked)
3 cloves of garlic
1 jumbo spring onion / 2 regular spring onions
1 chicken stock cube/pot (do not add water)
500ml pouring / heavy cream
175g parmesan cheese
125g mozzarella cheese
3 tbsp Italian herbs (oregano, thyme, basil, parsley, sage, black pepper)
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp pepper
60g cheddar cheese
Serves 8 portions
- Add olive oil and butter to a wok or deep pan and add crushed garlic and diced onion.
- Cube your chicken, cut your bacon into strips and chop the spring onion. Cube the mozzarella and grate the parmesan and cheddar.
- Add the bacon to the pan and let it simmer with the onions for a minute or so before you add your stock cube/pot. Once it has blended with the butter/oil, add the chicken. Season with salt, pepper and Italian herbs (generously!).
- Continue until the chicken is fully cooked and then add the spring onion. Mix this evenly into the mixture. You should have developed a nice chicken broth around your ingredients that will keep your meat juicy and provide lots of flavour.
- Add the cream and stir into the broth. When both are combined, stir until the cream is simmering.
- Add the parmesan cheese and the mozzarella. Give it a minute or so, and then add the cheddar. Stir until it’s all melted.
- You can leave the mixture to reduce down on a low heat whilst you make your side. When you’re happy with the consistency, portion out and serve.